- 1 head of Smith's Farm cauliflower
- Fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups (1l) vegetable or chicken stock, more or less, depending on the size of the cauliflower
- 1/3 cup (70)g melted butter
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200°C). Trim the bottom of the cauliflower and remove all the leaves and the stem, but without breaking apart. Give it a quick rinse and pat dry.
- Place the whole cauliflower in a pot and cover with stock, add fresh thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Drain and transfer the cauliflower head in a cast iron skillet or any oven proof pan. Ladle a little of the cooking stock over the cauliflower then drizzle with melted butter on top. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your cauliflower, until golden. Baste with cooking juice from time to time. Check with a knife, if it slides in easily, then it’s cooked. You can broil for an extra 2 minutes if you want to give it a bit more color, but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Slice, and serve with an extra drizzle of the buttery cooking juices.
Note: For a smokey non-vegetarian version, add crumbled bacon on top of the roasted cauliflower.
Thank you to https://www.eatwell101.com/whole-roasted-cauliflower-recipe for this great recipe!