Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/4 C. Vegan mayo
- 2 Tbsp. Chili paste
- 1 Tbsp. Agave nectar
- 1 C. Almond milk
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 C. All purpose flour
- 1/2 C. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Hot sauce
And the rest
- 2 C. Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Head of Smith’s Farm’s Broccoli
- Oil for frying
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Make the sauce, whisk together the mayo, chilli paste and agave in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make the batter, add the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes to make vegan buttermilk. Add the flour, cornstarch, and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl, then add the hot sauce and almond milk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Put the panko in a separate bowl.
- Cut broccoli into florets, then heat the oil on medium high in a large pan, I like to use a cast iron skillet, you need about 1/2-1 inch of oil at the bottom of the pan.
- Dip each floret of broccoli in the batter, then into the panko and coat thoroughly. Once the oil is hot add the broccoli to the hot oil. Fry for about a minute or two on each side, or until brown and crispy. Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
Thank you to https://www.rabbitandwolves.com/vegan-bang-bang-broccoli/ for this delicious recipe!