- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (5-ounce) can of evaporated milk
- 1 cup half and half*
- 12 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Add pasta, butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to a 6-qt Instant Pot®. Stir in 4 1/2 cups water.
- Select manual setting; adjust the pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Select high sauté setting. Stir in broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and liquid has reduced, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in Dijon and garlic powder.
- Select warm setting. Stir in milk and half and half until warmed, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in cheese until melted, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
*Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream. For 1 cup half and half, you can substitute 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fat milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream.
Thank you to Chungah from DamnDelicious.net for this amazing recipe!