- 2 pounds sirloin steak cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 cups of Smith’s Farm’s broccoli florets with about 1″ stem
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for broccoli
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Japanese rice wine or dry sherry, not vinegar
- 1/4 cup quality oyster sauce (like Lee Kum Kee or Kikkoman)*
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Whisk Marinade/Glaze ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup to a large freeze bag along with 1/4 cup olive oil and sirloin cubes. Marinate 2 hours up to overnight (the longer the better) in the refrigerator. Refrigerate remaining Marinade/Glaze separately.
- When ready to cook, add broccoli to a large bowl and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Toss to coat. String beef and broccoli on skewers** piercing broccoli at the top of the stem, just below the floret.
- Grease and preheat grill to medium high heat. Grill skewers until lightly charred all over, approximately 5 minutes per side. You can cheat and check a a cube for doneness.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining Marinade/Glaze with 1/4 cup water and 1 teaspoon cornstarch, cover and bring to a boil on your grill (this can also be done on the stovetop). Once simmering, uncover and stir until thickened. Brush cooked skewers with Glaze. Serve warm with rice.
Thank you to Carl’s Bad Cravings for this awesome recipe!