- 4 bell peppers, any color
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 cans of chopped green chiles, 4.5 oz (mild or hot)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1/2 cups of Smith's Farm's broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Cut the bell peppers in half from top to bottom, remove seeds
- Place the peppers cut side up in the baking dish
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, put in the butter onions and garlic, sauce for 2-3 minutes then stir in the rice, 3 cups of the broth, chiles, salt and paprika. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow the rice to cook for 15-20 minutes, until steam holes are present and the broth is absorbed.
- Stir the broccoli, cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese and remaining broth into the rice mixture. stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Spoon the mixture into the bell peppers, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the cheddar cheese to the peppers and bake an additional 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted
Thank you to https://www.aspicyperspective.com/cheesy-broccoli-rice-stuffed-peppers/ for this recipe!