BROCCOLI SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup shelled cooked edamame
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 batch peanut sauce (recipe below)
- sesame seeds, for garnish
PEANUT SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (if you are gluten-free, use GF soy sauce or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/8 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons hot water, as needed to thin the sauce
TO MAKE THE BROCCOLI SALAD:
- Heat a large pot of water until it is boiling. Add in the broccoli florets and boil for 30 seconds. Use a mesh strainer to transfer them into a bowl of ice water, which will immediately halt the cooking process. Drain. Then add the remaining ingredients and toss until combined. Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds if desired.
TO MAKE THE PEANUT SAUCE:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. If the dressing is too thick, whisk in hot water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the consistency you desire.
Thank you Ali from GimmeSomeOven.com for this amazing recipe!