Did You Know?
- Bok Choy is a member of the cabbage family
- Is sometimes referred to as white cabbage
- Takes 2 months to grow from planting to harvest and thrives best in milder weather
- Iss sometimes called a "soup spoon" because of the shape of its leaves
One cup of cooked bok choy provides more than 100% of the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of A, and close to two-thirds the RDA of C
Bok Choy (1 Cup Shredded)
- Calories 9
- Total Fat 0.1
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 46mg
- Potassium 176mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5g
- Vitamin A - 62%
- Vitamin C - 52%
Buying & Storing Tips
- Look for Bok Choy with firm stalks and dark green leaves.
- Don't wash it until you're ready to use.
- Crispy, sweet bok choy stalks can be eaten raw, added to salads, sandwiches, and burgers.