- 3 cups cooked quinoa*
- 5 cups raw Smith's Farm's broccoli, cut into small florets and stems
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 big pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Heat the quinoa and set aside.
- Cook the broccoli by pouring 3/4 cup water into a large pot and bringing it to a simmer. Add a big pinch of salt and stir in the broccoli. Cover and cook for a minute, just long enough to take the raw edge off. Transfer the broccoli to a strainer and run under cold water until it stops cooking. Set aside.
- To make the broccoli pesto puree two cups of the cooked broccoli, curry paste, garlic, 1/2 cup of the almonds, salt, lemon juice, and coconut milk in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Just before serving, toss the quinoa and remaining broccoli florets with about 1/2 of the broccoli pesto. Taste and adjust if needed, you might want to add more of the pesto a bit at a time, or you might want a bit more salt or an added squeeze of lemon juice. Turn out onto a serving platter and top with the remaining almonds, and any other toppings you like - some slices avocado, greens or sprouts, and/or hot sauce are all good fits.
Thank you to https://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/vibrant-vegan-double-broccoli-buddha-bowl-recipe.html for this great recipe!