Teriyaki Chicken & Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
For the teriyaki sauce:
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- Heat a large pan to medium-high heat. Add olive oil, then chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink (2-3 minutes)
- Whisk all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is thick. Remove chicken from heat.
- Add the broccoli florets and bell pepper to the same pan. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the bell pepper is slightly softened.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and serve with the cooked brown rice.