- 1 cup short-grain brown rice, rinsed (or about 3 cups cooked brown rice or another cooked grain you've got at home)
- 1½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 large or 3 small Smith's Farm broccoli stalks, peeled and sliced crosswise, very thinly
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Crushed red pepper (to taste)
- Cook the brown rice according to package instructions. Fluff and allow to steam while you prepare the broccoli stems.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli stems and a pinch of salt. Saute the stems for 2-3 minutes, or until they're becoming tender and bright green. Add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for another 3 minutes, or until they're quite tender but still pleasantly crisp.
- Add the rice to the pan, along with the vinegar and tamari. Heat the rice through. Add a dash of red pepper flakes. Taste the stir fry and add extra vinegar, tamari, and pepper to taste. Serve.
Thank you to Gena from TheFullHelping.com for this tasty recipe!