- 2 small or 1 large head of Smith's Farm broccoli, cut into florets with stem
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup pitted, kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 1 Tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated to top
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut broccoli into large florets with about an inch of stem attached and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle broccoli with about 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil (leaving 2 1/2 remaining for tapenade) and toss. Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until broccoli can be pierced with a fork and is lightly browned on crowns.
- While the broccoli is cooking, add remaining olive oil, kalamata olives, lemon, basil, capers, and garlic to a food processor. Pulse to combine. The texture should be finely chopped but not a paste.
- Taste and season with black pepper.
- To plate, spread tapenade on a platter and place broccoli on top, or place broccoli in a bowl and add dollops of tapenade on top.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan.
Thank you to Carlene Thomas from HealthfullyEverAfter.co for this delicious recipe!