- 1 1/2 heads of Smith's Farm broccoli
- 1/2 red onion, sliced vertically
- 1/2 cup +1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (12oz) jar roasted red peppers, sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8oz bowtie pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli and onion slices with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until broccoli is getting browned and onion is soft.
- Allow to cool while pasta cooks.
- Once pasta is cooked, rinse in cold water to cool.
- To make dressing, whisk together garlic, balsamic, dijon, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil, until well combined.
- Whisk in parmesan.
- Combine all ingredients, except dressing, in a large bowl.
- Toss ingredients with half of the dressing to begin with, adding more as necessary. I found that half of the dressing was plenty for our taste.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled with additional parmesan, if desired.
Thank you to Lisa's Dinner Time Dish for this delicious recipe!