- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 70g (1/3 cup) tri-colour quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 60g (1/3 cup) cracked freekeh
- 350g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 145g (1 cup) frozen shelled edamame
- 200g tomato medley mix, halved
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 70g (1/2 cup) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Grease a baking tray and line with baking paper. Spread chickpeas over prepared tray. Spray lightly with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa and freekeh in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Avoid undercooked or gluggy quinoa! We show you how to rinse and cook it perfectly and avoid that bitter taste.
- Place broccoli and edamame in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Combine the cooked grains, broccoli, edamame, tomato, radish, mint and pepitas in a large bowl. Season. Whisk together the vinegar, oil and maple syrup in a small bowl. Add the dressing to the salad and gently toss to combine. Top with roasted chickpeas, blueberries and extra mint leaves just before serving.
Thank you to https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/rainbow-power-salad/rt3jt6dn for this delicious and flavorful recipe!