- 2 bunches broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp julienned fresh basil leaves (about 6 leaves)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the broccoli florets from the stem and separate into small pieces (save the stems and make some broccoli slaw!)
- Toss the florets with the sliced garlic cloves and spread evenly on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle approx. 3 Tbsp olive oil over the mixture, then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp-tender and some of the tips of the florets are browned
- Place pine nuts in a non-stick frying pan and toast lightly
- Mix lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and basil in a small bowl
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with the cheese mixture.
- Drizzle the lemon juice and remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil over the mixture, serve and enjoy!
Thank you to https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/parmesan-roasted-broccoli-recipe-1946423 for this recipe!