- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the peeled and cubed butternut squash and chopped carrot to a roasting tray. Add 1 tsp olive oil and a generous sprinkling of sea salt and pepper and use your hands to mix so everything is coated.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes until tender.
- In the meantime, steam the broccoli and cook the quinoa and lentils if you haven’t prepared them in advance (see notes for how to cook).
- To make the tahini sauce, whisk the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble, divide everything between 4 containers or bowls and serve right away. If you’re making this recipe in advance, store everything separately until just before serving.
- To cook quinoa, bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup uncooked quinoa, reduce heat to a light simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- To cook red lentils, bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup dry lentils, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- The dressing makes enough for 4 bowls. Adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly as extra dressing can be used in other recipes if desired.
Thank you to Deryn from Running on Real Food for this delicious recipe!