- 5 large Smith's Farm broccoli heads, washed and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup broccoli water (I’ll explain later)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot (like the biggest one you have. It has to hold all your broccoli heads), bring water to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt. Once water is boiling, add the broccoli and boil until you can pierce the broccoli super easily, around 8 minutes. Don’t drain the broccoli!!!
- Using a slotted spoon remove the broccoli from the pot and transfer it to your blender (be careful, it’s hot!) Pour about 1/2 cup of water leftover from boiling the broccoli (it should fill the blender about a quarter of the way). Pulse the broccoli and water until it starts to break down, and then puree on high until the soup is creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour soup into bowls. Drizzle with olive oil and/or garnish with some roasted broccolini and toasted walnuts!
Thank you to Broma Bakery for this delicious recipe!