For Basil-Spinach Pesto:
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil leaves lightly packed
- 1 cup spinach leaves lightly packed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
For Pizza and Toppings:
- 2 heads of Smith's Farm's broccoli (not bunches)
- 1 lb pizza dough
- nonstick spray or olive oil
- 1 (14 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts drained
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. If pizza dough has been refrigerated, remove from the fridge so it can warm up a bit.
- Add walnuts to a small skillet over medium heat; cook until lightly toasted, stirring often. Let cool.
- Combine walnuts, garlic, basil, and spinach in a food processor; process until minced.
- Add Parmesan, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Cut broccoli into small florets and place in a microwaveable dish with a lid.
- Drizzle with a couple tablespoons water, cover, and microwave until just tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Drain water from broccoli and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray. (I usually put a little oil on the pan, then spread it with a paper towel. That way the oil is distributed evenly, and the paper towel soaks up any excess oil.)
- Place pizza dough on pan and press to the edges of the pan. (If the dough draws back from the edges, let it rest for a few minutes and then press again. Repeat until dough is relaxed and covers the entire pan.)
- Top dough with a thin layer of pesto. (You will have pesto left over; I only used about half.)
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the mozzarella cheese over the pesto.
- Evenly distribute broccoli and artichokes over cheese.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and then sprinkle with feta.
- Bake pizza for 25 to 35 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese is lightly golden.
- Let cool slightly, then cut and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Thank you to Mommy's Kitchen for this recipe!