- 1 large bunch of broccoli (about 1 ¼ pounds), florets removed and sliced into small, bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes*
- ¼ cup chopped shallot or red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese OR thinly sliced kalamata olives (feta and kalamata olives provide a bold, salty punch- combined they overpower the other flavors, highly recommend choosing one)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
1 In a medium-sized serving bowl, toss together the broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, shallot or red onion, feta or olives and almonds.
2 In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until emulsified. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well.
For best flavor, let the salad rest for 30 minutes before serving so the broccoli has a chance to marinate in the bold, lemony dressing