- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 cups Smith's Farm broccoli, stems removed roughly chopped
- 2½ cups low sodium chicken stock
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Chives for garnish, if desired
- Greek yogurt for garnish, if desired
- Add oil to a large pot.
- Add in onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Toss in broccoli and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Take off of the heat and stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Cool soup slightly.
- Add soup in two batches to a blender. (If you have an immersion blender you can do this in the pot). Pulse until thick and smooth. About 1-2 minutes each batch.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt to each batch (2 tablespoons total) and pulse to combine.
- Pour soup into bowls and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh chives and Greek yogurt for garnish.
Thank you to Kelley from https://chefsavvy.com/?s=Creamy+Broccoli+Spinach+Soup+With+Greek+Yogurt for this delicious recipe!