- 1½ cups raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 9 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4½ cups cooked Smith's Farm cauliflower florets (steam or boil beforehand, and completely cooled off)
- 9 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 9 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp plant milk (best to avoid coconut milk)*
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maca powder (optional)
- ¾ tsp salt
- 9 tbsp cocoa powder**
- 1 tbsp unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- ¾ tsp instant espresso powder
- Process all crust ingredients except maple syrup in a food processor into a sticky crumble. Add in the maple syrup and process briefly once again to mix it in. Transfer this mixture into a 6″ springform pan and press into an even crust. Freeze while working on the next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients, except cacao, molasses, and espresso, into a smooth uniform mixture. Set aside about 4-5 tbsp of this white mixture for swirls (optional). Add cacao, molasses, and espresso and blend once again to combine. Pour the chocolate mixture into the pan over the crust. Swirl in the white filling into a pattern of your choice. Sprinkle with any decorative toppings.
- Freeze the cake for 6 hours or overnight to set. Enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.
Thanks to Audrey at https://www.unconventionalbaker.com/recipes/chocolate-cauliflower-ice-cream-cake-gluten-free-dairy-free-grain-free-nut-free/ for this clever and delicious recipe!