- 1 pound of Smith's Farm broccoli
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons untoasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup Sriracha Almond Butter Sauce (recipe below)
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
SRIRACHA ALMOND BUTTER SAUCE:
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- MAKE THE SALAD: Using a vegetable peeler, peel the broccoli stems to remove their tough, chewy outer layer. Trim off the tough ends and slice the stems ¼ inch thick all the way up to the florets. Cut off the sliced stems and set aside. Cut the florets into bite-size pieces (about 1 inch wide).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the grapeseed oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli stems (not the florets) and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil, the broccoli florets, soy sauce, and lime juice; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes more. If the pan gets too dry, add water 1 tablespoon at a time. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the edamame and almonds, and cook for about 3 minutes more, until the nuts and edamame are lightly charred. Transfer the broccoli mixture to a serving platter.
- MAKE THE SRIRACHA ALMOND BUTTER SAUCE: In a medium bowl, stir together the almond butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, sriracha, honey, and garlic.
- Stir in warm water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is a consistency that can be drizzled.
- Drizzle the sauce over the broccoli and scatter the scallions on top. Enjoy immediately or at room temperature.
Thank you to Pure Wow for this great recipe!