- 1 small head of Smith's Farm cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (2oz)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and rice it – pulse until its texture resembles rice. Work in batches if needed. You should get 2 heaping measuring cups of riced cauliflower, about 280 grams (10oz).
- In a medium bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet, over medium heat, about 4 minutes. Measure 1/4 measuring cup per pancake, flattening them thin with the back of a spoon after placing in the skillet. Fry the pancakes over medium heat (not higher) about 5 minutes, until the underside has formed a sturdy, golden-brown crust. Be patient – if you flip them too soon, they will fall apart.
- Carefully flip to the other side, and fry 5 more minutes, or until golden-brown on both sides and sturdy enough to lift off the skillet.
- Repeat two more times, adding a tablespoon of olive oil before each batch. Keep the cooked cauliflower pancakes in the warm oven while you make more batches.
Thank you to https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2014/05/27/cauliflower-pancakes/ for this awesome recipe!