Try this simple, delicious broccoli salad! The salad ingredients can easily be adjusted to suit your taste- add sunflower seeds, pecans, or walnuts for additional flavor and crunch, and julienned carrots or sweet red bell pepper for color.
Diced, pre-cooked bacon is an excellent time-saver for this broccoli salad recipe!!
- 10 to 12 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 5-6 cups of fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Toss the broccoli, bacon, onion and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small bowl, then add to the broccoli mixture
- Toss until well blended.
- Add any additional nuts or veggies to your taste
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.