- 2 Slices French Bread
- 1 Slice of Yellow Onion
- 4-5 small pieces of Smith's Farm's Broccoli
- 2 Slices Chicken Breast Deli Meat
- 1/2 Clove Garlic
- 2 Slices of Cheddar Cheese
- Start by chopping up the broccoli into small(ish) pieces, they can be as big or small as you want. While you are chopping the broccoli, get a frying pan on medium heat and add the broccoli pieces with a knob of butter.
- Mix it all around to get the broccoli coated in butter and start chopping your garlic and slicing your onion.
- Once that is done, put everything in the pan (feel free to add more butter if you like) and cook until the broccoli gets to a nice dark green and the onions start to get translucent.
- Just before you take off the broccoli mixture, take two slices of chicken breast deli meat, shred it up and cook it in the pan for 30 seconds or so. The chicken is there to emphasize the flavour of chicken broth which would go into a broccoli and cheddar soup.
- Once the broccoli is cooked, take your bread and generously butter the outside of each slice. On the bottom slice, place a slice of cheddar cheese , then the broccoli mixture on top. Top that off with another slice of cheddar cheese and your other slice of bread.
- In the same pan on medium heat, fry your sandwich until golden brown on each side (give it a good squish with the spatula as it is cooking).
Thank you to http://bsinthekitchen.com/broccoli-cheddar-soup-grilled-cheese/ for this rich and flavorful recipe!