- 1 head of Smith's Farm's broccoli – chopped to make 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (could do some cheese if you would like)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk (can be omitted)
- 2 whole eggs (could try a flax-gel for replacement)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- handful of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Have a baking sheet ready to place breadsticks on.
- Remove the some of the broccoli stem. Begin to chop the broccoli into chunks; depending on size broccoli head – you should hopefully get around 4 cups.
- Add the chopped brocoli to a food processor or Vitamix and pulse until the texture is similar to rice.
- Add in your nutritional yeast, psyllium husk, sea salt and basil. Pulse until combined.
- In a bowl place your pulsed broccoli mixture with your eggs and water and stir.
- Spread dough out evenly over baking sheet– can make as thick or thin as you like.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden, crispy on the edges and cooked through the middle.
- Remove the crust from the oven and enjoy.
- **to make vegan with the flax-gel we would suggest adding in some baking powder about 1/2-1 tsp to help lift the breadsticks as the eggs help hold it together but also lift.
A special thank you to Purely Twins at http://purelytwins.com/2013/01/30/broccoli-breadsticks-grainfree-glutenfree-dairyfree/ for this delicious bread recipe.