- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
BEEF AND BROCCOLI:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut into 2-inch-wide strips with the grain, then sliced across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 6 medium cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press or minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil or vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking
- 1 1/4 pounds of Smith's Farm's broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 medium scallions, sliced 1/2-inch thick on diagonal, optional
- Parboil broccoli for 30 seconds and plunge into cold water immediately to set colour. Add a pinch of baking soda to the water for a brighter green colour.
- Cut meat into thin pieces and marinate with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and cornstarch. Add oil to the wok and stir fry onion for 5 seconds. Add broccoli and celery and stir fry 1 min. more. Remove vegetables to platter.
- Heat more oil on high and add beef. Fry for 30 seconds or until barely rare.
- Quickly mix in reserved vegetables. Add sauce ingredients and toss until bubbly and thickened. Serve immediately with rice (hot).
Thank you to https://www.melskitchencafe.com/the-best-broccoli-beef/ for this great dish!